Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Small claims judgment question, please help?

Ok a question. I had a small claims judgment against me for a medical bill it's about $600. When The sheriff served the papers he left them on my door and I never got them only the business card. So I didn't even know there was a court date because when I called the sheriff and asked what the card was for they could not pull the info up because it was in a different county. Ok so I missed the date and found out the got a default judgment on me. I got a letter last week saying they had schedule a court date for supplement proceedings. So I called them to make arrangements, but now they want me to give them all this information. They also said they had schedule a new court date but when I called the court house they had no court date scheduled or even filed. They are trying to bully me. Any ways I told them what I can pay but that is not good enough for them. They don't want to except my payments. Can they do this? Can they not take a payment? I thought they had to take what ever you give them to pay on your debt? Any advice. I don't want wage garnishments. Oh none of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment